With my new job came a brand new office! Admittedly, it's not a big office but I went from working in a cubicle to a more private space so it looks like I'm moving up! One of the big challenges was figuring out how to decorate the space so that it was still professional but not completely devoid of personality. After hanging my university diploma, I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do but as I got to know my coworkers and saw what they did for their offices, I picked out a few essentials for office decorating:
- Fabulous frames: A good photo frame is nice to have around your desk
- Pinch Photo/Memo holder: I saw these adorable photo holders at Paper Source and I knew they would be perfect in my office!
- Cute cork/white board: Speaking of corkboards, I like having one around! It can be decorative but mostly it'll be really handy to tack a note or memo onto.
- Hot heater: A mug heater will guarantee my coffee will always be warm
- Pretty painting: I seriously have the most difficult time ever picking out nice pictures to hang around but I managed to nab this Washington, DC canvas at a steal. It's a nice picture to have in a downtown DC office, I think.
- Super succulents: I like the idea of having a plant or two in the office but I'm pretty bad at taking care of them. Succulent plants are incredibly low maintenance and generally very cute to look at.
- Sassy sorter: Paper and file sorters are most definitely a necessity in the office so why not get one with a bit of flair and personality?