The joke around my neck of the woods is that we have only have two seasons: Summer and Winter. Spring and Fall only exist for about a week. This year was a bit different though - Autumn really pulled through! It's all coming to an end now (today is the first day of winter after all), and before it goes away completely I wanted to share with you some of the things I enjoyed using this past season:
- Naked 3 palette: When I was a kid, I had a boyish haircut that was extremely unflattering on me and kids thought I was a boy. I like having shorter hair though so when I do cut my hair, I gravitate towards makeup to make my face look more feminine (call it PTSD). I think I used this every day since I got my haircut - it's such a beautiful palette with gorgeous rosy colors that's flattering on a wide variety of skin tones!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara: This is a new mascara I tried. I love how long and voluminious it makes my lashes look and it's not a pain in the butt to remove!
- Make Up For Ever lipstick in n23: I got this as a free birthday gift from Sephora and I honestly love it! It's a very flattering neutral shade. Think, "My lips but better." Once I run out, I'm definitely buying the full sized version.
- OPI "Steady She Rose": I love love love this color for every day. I wear it to work all the time and it gives such a subtle and soft but ladylike color that goes with everything. I highly recommend this for days where you want to have something on your nails but need to look professional.
- CoverGirl XL Gel Polish in "Raspberry": I love how deep and complicated this berry shade is! It's quite a stunner and the formula is fantastic!
- Essie "After School Boy Blazer": I've never saw such a perfect 'true navy' polish before! The color is so dark (almost black) but has the loveliest sheen and I can see this becoming a staple in my Autumn stash.
- Forever 21 Midi Skirt: I really love how midi skirts look but it's hard for me to find one that's flattering, given my short frame. I really love this layered one from Forever 21 - the length is very flattering and versatile for so many types of occasions!
- Zara Mini City bag in Pink: I think I wore this bag every single non-working day throughout Autumn! It's a light pink color but it pretty much goes with everything I own in my closet! It's the perfect size and it's not too heavy!
- H&M cat beanie: This beanie = love! I've worn it so many times to combat the chilly morning air. Absolutely cute and cheeky!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: Although I don't like to wash my hair too often, it gets so oily so fast! Luckily dry shampoos are a thing now and I worship at the Temple of Batiste. Highly recommend this to everyone!
- Big Sexy Hair spray: Humidity turns my hair into a frizzy mess. This hairspray protects my hair from getting too crazy!
- Spin Pins: I don't know how I managed to do my hair without these in the past. Seriously, these are amazing. One spin pin does the work of 20 bobby pins! I stick two of these in my hair bun and I don't readjust during the day. At all. No joke!
Movies, Books, TV
- Inside Out: Hoo wow, this film... Well let's just say that I watched this movie while I was already going through a transitional phase in my life (much like Riley in the film) and I was not ready for all the feels! Definitely check it out if you can.
- The Martian: My friend Jen did a review of this book and after seeing her rave about it, I went out to read it myself! It is such a fantastic read and I highly recommend it!
- The Flash: Okay, I had to really pick between this one and The Arrow because both are so good and it's leading to even more spinoffs (Legends of Tomorrow anyone??) I like how much more light-hearted this show is than The Arrow (not to say anything about the grittiness of The Arrow), and Grant Gustin certainly plays the part of Barry Allen perfectly.
What were some of your favorite things this Autumn?