I had never made this recipe before but as it involves few ingredients (eggs, bacon, hash browns, cheese, etc), I figured I really couldn't go wrong.
I was right - these turned out to be delicious and I've been having them for breakfast almost every weekend!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk but you can use whatever you have around)
- 1 lb of hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 lbs of chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper (plus more to taste)
1. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until well mixed
2. Add the milk, garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Put this aside for now.
3. Create a layer of hash brown potatoes at the bottom of the slow-cooker and add 1/3 of the onions and 1/3 of the bacon
4. Add a layer of cheese
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you're out of ingredients
6. Pour the egg mixture over the layers
7. Cook on high for 4 hours