Happy Monday, lovelies!
Over the weekend I was invited to go on a wine tour in Virginia! I had a lovely time and this was the outfit I wore.
I was scrambling a bit on what to wear. The forecast predicted a sunny 70 degree (f) day but I'm usually not too warm until the temperatures get to the high 70s (#livingwithraynaudssyndrome). I opted for this maxi tea dress and added on a pair of espadrille wedges.
If any of you guys are planning a trip to a winery or vineyard, and are trying to figure out what to wear, here are some helpful tips I picked up along the way:
- Comfy shoes are a must: I had a strong feeling I'd be on my feet all day and I was right! I was originally planning on wearing a pair of black flats but seeing as how I'm short (I'm 5'3. I know, I'm short), I opted for a comfy pair of wedges that would give me some height but keep my feet from hurting. If you're like me and want a bit of heel while vineyarding, go with wedges as they won't sink into the grass when you're walking.
- Avoid white if you can: The original plan was to wear my white jeans but I am a very clumsy person and can't be trusted with wine around white. If you're also accident-prone like me, I would avoid wearing white, or if you must, wear it with caution.
- Layer up: I brought along a cardigan as well to keep me warm. I get cold easily so this was a bit of a no-brainer but if you're going to an area where the temperatures go up and down, I'd bring a sweater or two.
- Skip the perfume: Perfumes tend to interfere with the wine-tasting experience because a huge part of it is your sense of smell. Spritzing on that little bit of scented product could prevent you from fully appreciating and assessing the wines.
- Opt for a low-maintenance hairstyle: It got a bit windy on Saturday so I was glad I my hair was already in their messy waves. The weather can affect your look so pick a fuss-free hair style, like a ponytail or big loose curls so you don't have to constantly worry about your hair.
- Bring sunblock: Seriously, especially if you burn easily.
Do you have any tips for dressing yourself for wine tastings? Let me know in the comments!
Shoes: Forever 21