I'm a bit behind with my blogging schedule, mostly because the weather over the weekend was miserable and I couldn't take any photos. I did however, put together this little post though. I love reading about the bloggers behind the blogs I read so I decided to write a few random facts about myself! I hope you enjoy reading:
- I am 5'3 (161 cm). People who know me from the blog often comment that I seem taller in photos. Good photography and proportions that work in my favor, I guess.
- My boyfriend, on the other hand is 6'3 (190 cm). That's right, he's a whole foot taller than me! I've been wearing heels almost daily since we started dating.
- In college, I wrote for our newspaper, The Eagle, and wanted to be a journalist.
- I used to play tennis in high school and I did crew in college (#coxswainlife). I'm not the most athletic person, though.
- I have the same birthday as Hermione Granger (my favorite Harry Potter character) according to JK Rowling - September 19.
- I had my first kiss at age 18. I'm a late bloomer.
- My parents tried to enroll me in taekwondo as a kid but took me out because I was so embarrassingly bad at it. I was small and skinny for my age and had zero hand-eye coordination, making me an easy target during sparring matches and I couldn't defend myself! I think the final straw for my parents was when they saw me at an exhibition for parents and I literally did the opposit of what the instructor told us to do while falling down twice.
- I am a morning person!
- I can't hold my liquor. I'm a cheap date. Doesn't stop me from trying, though.
- Oddly enough, my favorite form of social media is Goodreads! It's great for finding new books to read.
- I used to live with my grandparents in South Korea when I was a baby. I was their first grandchild and they spoiled me rotten!
- I am the opposite of a hoarder - I throw away almost everything! I sometimes regret it later when I realize I did need whatever it is I threw out, but I'm just not one to keep things for sentimental value.
- That said, I have kept two stuffed animals throughout the years. Theo, my bear that my brother got me for my birthday one year, and Snoopy, a stuffed dog I received from Jen
- I am a textbook amibvert. I'm only 52% extroverted according to the Myers-Briggs test, meaning I'm quite introverted at times as well
- I LOVE the show VEEP because I think it portrays politics in an accurate way. People don't always realize that Washington, DC isn't as sinister and dramatic like in House of Cards, Scandal, or the West Wing (though I like those shows as well). It's usually a lot of clever but tired people trying to get things done and then backpedalling when things go wrong.
- I like listening to Calvin Harris, Sia, and Britney Spears when I go running.
- I am extremely near-sighted and I have astigmatism. I would basically be blind without my contacts or glasses.
- I have the worst sense of direction ever! If it weren't for GPS and smartphones, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere!
- I was born in California.
- I did theater in high school! I didn't act because I got stage fright, but I was a techie! My first gig was doing spotlight work for Footloose. I had fun and we techies are less *dramatic* and more laid back than the actors anyway :P
Thanks for reading!