I was recently offered a new telecommuting schedule at work. I decided not to keep it as I have a hard time focusing on work at home but it did get me thinking about some of you guys out there who do have flexible teleworking schedules. I've had to figure out how to get things done when I wasn't able to go to the office (most recently, this happened during the snowstorm, Jonas) and I figured out a few things I absolutely need to get hustlin'!
- Coffee, coffee, coffee!: I am a total addict! I feel like a different person before I've had a cup and after! I have a Keurig and it's honestly been the best purchase of my life!
- Podcasts for easy listening: I like having background noise when I work and while I normally wouldn't play music or anything in the office (I don't want to distract other people), I will play a podcast or two at home! I quite liked listening to both seasons of Serial and I also like This American Life. I honestly like working to podcasts more than music because it sets the tone of my working environment in a way that music can't for me.
- Band.o planner: Anyone who's been on my Instagram knows how much I love my Band.o planners! I love the random compliments inside, I love the gorgeous patterns and colors! I love it so much I bought a new one for 2017 already! My agenda contains my life! I use it to plan meetings, blog posts, social events, etc.!
- Dry erase/cork board: I am a visual person so it helps when I can see my ideas written or drawn out. I like having a dry-erase board that I can write and stick post-its on.
- Light snacks: I am anemic and have low blood sugar so I always need a snack on hand. I usually keep yogurt in my fridge so I can reach for it when I start feeling peckish because I have an incredibly difficult time focusing on anything when I'm hungry.
What are some of your teleworking essentials?