For all you ladies in a similar predicament, I put together this list of packing tips for your next mini-trip!
- With clothes, keep occasion and weather in mind: I knew that I needed at least two day outfits and an outfit for a nice dinner out. I also knew, like I mentioned above, that the weather situation would be a bit tricky. I opted for a nice blouse, a pair of shorts (that I ended up not wearing), jeans, and comfy flats for my travel/day outfit and a dress that I could dress up and down for dinner and the second day. And just like that, I had two outfits that could work for three occasions.
- Bring only makeup and skincare essentials: I brought my Aveeno moisturizer to use both during the day (because it has SPF) and night. I also brought makeup removing wipes, tinted moisturizer, cream blush (that I also used as a lip tint), mascara, and eyeliner. If you can make one product do multiple things, it'll be a space saver!
- Create a checklist: I completely forgot my contact lens case and had to "borrow" my boyfriend's solution in the morning because my contacts felt so dry in the morning. I almost always forget something minor but important and creating a checklist a week before you leave should help with that. That way you can add to the list during the week while still making sure you packed all the essentials.
Now without further ado, here were the items in my Cassidy weekender from Sole Society:
- Zara poplin blouse: This was a great purchase for the trip - the lightweight fabric was great for the warm, sunny day while touring.
- H&M jeans
- Zara flats: I hadn't worn these flats for walking long distances but I'm so glad I brought them along! Very comfortable while bringing a bit of edge to my outfits!
- Boohoo dress: This was a new purchase but it worked out perfectly for this trip! I wore it to dinner with the above flats (#3) to dinner and then with my tights (#4) and boots (#5) the next day when the weather was a bit chilly.
- LOFT tights
- Forever 21 boots
- Forever 21 makeup bag: The contents of this bag are below.
- Hair straightener
- Aveeno Positively Radiant makeup removing wipes
...and the items in my makeup bag:
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara
- NARS cream blush in 'Portofino'
- Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer
- Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner
- L'Oreal Lumi Cushion foundation
- TonyMoly Banana Sleeping Pack
Do you have any tips for packing light for travel? Let me know in the comments!