Preparing for the Army Birthday Ball came as a challenge to me. I'm not exactly a makeup expert but luckily, I have had a few chances to figure out what does and doesn't work for me.
The dress I wore was bright red, obviously so I knew that I wanted to do a red lips look. When it comes to bold lip color, I tend to go minimal with the eye makeup to balance out the look. This made my life easier because less eye makeup means less work for me! Below are the products I used for my makeup look that night:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion - I swear by this stuff because it keeps my eye makeup in place! I needed my makeup on my face for as long as possible!
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - I mix the shades 'Dust' and 'Burnout' and sweep it on the center of my lids. I then add 'Nooner' on the edges of the mixed shade and 'Darkside' on my outer V. 'Strange' goes on my brow bone and I use 'Blackheart' as my eyeliner. I think these colors are soft and neutral and don't take away from the dress. A heightened "natural" look, if you will.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner - I go over the eyeshadow liner with a dark black liquid eyeliner. I double up on eyeliner because I find it adds more dimension to my eyes.
- Kiss Looks So Natural lashes - I opted for a pair of fluttery lashes. This is obviously not something I use every day but I find today is a special occasion.
- L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation - I've been loving this foundation lately! It gives a sheer but buildable coverage while illuminating your skin in an incredibly flattering way! It's a cushion compact and I find that it prevents me from applying too much product on my face at a time and I can avoid that cakey look.
- Nars The Multiple - This has been my go-to blush for the past year. It's a cream foundation that lasts for a long time!
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - I used the shade 'Cruella' and this matched my dress and brightened my complexion! I was so glad I found this shade because so far it's been the most flattering shade of red on me.
Thanks for reading!