Ahh, summer! I had such a great summery week and I'm excited to share a snippet of it with you guys! Since Memorial Day, many pools in the area have opened for business and I've taken advantage! A lot of apartment buildings even have rooftop grills and I hung out with friends this week for a chill barbecue and pooltime fun!
Now, onto the list!
- Wearing: J.Crew Factory gingham bikini - I took a flatlay photo of this swimsuit for Instagram and I got a few questions regarding the quality. It really held up and I love the summery classic print!
- Eating: Grilled corn on the cob - My friend invited me over to the rooftop pool at her apartment and we had corn cooked on the grill! SO yummy!
- Drinking: Palm Breeze - I saw that they brought back Palm Breeze in the alcohol aisle at Harris Teeter and it reminded me of the Palm Breeze event I was invited to last year! It's so sugary and girly and not very strong but I loved having it poolside.
- Reading: Freedom's Child by Jax Miller - This is a new book I got from Blogging for Books. It's a decent read so far and it kind of has a dark feel - sort of like Gillian Flynn novels with unlikeable main characters who struggle with mental anguish. I'll have a review up for this soon.
- Watching: Game of Thrones - I think you guys all know my love for all things GoT by now! I have to admit, I took a one-episode break after the fifth episode ("The Door") because my heart just couldn't take the heartbreak... but I am fully caught up now!
- Listening: Hamilton soundtrack - This has been my go-to for the past two weeks! It's such an amazing soundtrack (and actually really excellent to work out to). I highly recommend this Lin Manuel Miranda hip-hopera!