I had one crazy weekend - I attended the 241st Army Birthday ball last night, on top of a birthday party for my roommate on Friday! And of course, I spent Father's day with my family. To say I'm tired would be an understatement! The lack of sleep has been taking its toll but I'm going to try my best to get my posts up this week!
In any case, on to the things I've enjoyed this week:
- Wearing: Elizabeth and James Giulia gown from Rent the Runway - For the ball, I rented this gorgeous red gown by Elizabeth and James. It is form-fitting and thigh-slitted so I knew this could either end up being either a disaster or a stunner. Lucky for me, it was the latter and I got a lot of compliments on it from people I didn't even know!
- Meeting: Miss USA, Deshauna Barber - Miss DC, or, Miss USA, was at the ball! Followers of my snapchat or Twitter may have already known this but I was rather starstruck! It was funny because we literally bumped into her! She was gracious and beautiful and I could definitely see why she won the pageant!
- Eating: Korean walnut pastries - My dad really wanted these for father's day so I went to the Korean pastry shop in their town and bought some for him! They're really delicious - they're filled with walnuts and sweet red beans!
- Watching: Sherlock - This is my favorite series but I recently got Brian into it! It's fun rewatching the show with someone who's never seen it! :]
- Reading: New Yorker article on a producer of The Bachelor - This comes at an interesting time, especially considering I had recently gotten hooked on the show, The Bachelorette. It goes behind the stage of these reality shows and how really messed up the producers can be! They pay their workers to manipulate these contestants and are even rewarded bonuses when they can get a contestant to cry! It was eye opening and a very interesting read.
Thanks for reading!