Every summer I make a list of books I want get around to. Ideally, I'd be spending every day by the pool or beach with a good book while getting my tan on. Unfortunately, a working schedule prevents me from creating a 100 book list like I used to in the good ol' days! This year, I'll keep it short and sweet:
- So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson: I love love LOVE Jon Ronson's writing and I had such a great experience reading his other book The Psychopath Test. This book is about online justice mobs and how angry people given limited information about a person's action scan have devastating consequences.
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow: I, like apparently everyone in America, caught the Hamilton bug! The music is so catchy and the story is fascinating! I am interested in reading the biography that Lin Manuel Miranda was inspired by.
- Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina by Misty Copeland: I really got into the Misty Copeland story after reading a few interviews about her and watching her documentary on Netflix.
- Freedom's Child by Jax Miller: I'm currently reading this for Blogging for Books and it's been... well, interesting to say the least. I will do a review on this soon.
- Modern Love by Aziz Ansari: I had wanted to read this book when it first came out but I dragged my feet on it because I had so much going on at the time. I'm ready to read Aziz Ansari's take on how millennials do dating.
- Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith: I read the first two books in the Cormoran Strike series and I'm eager to read the third installment. I love J.K. Rowling and I find the characters in this series to be readable and purposeful, if that makes sense? Good series overall.
Do you any of you have any book recommendations? Leave them in the comments below!