Another hot week and I'm surprised I haven't melted into the ground! DC is being struck with a heatwave with highs in the 100s and lows in the mid 80s. It is HOT!
This currently post is what's distracting me from the fact that the minute I step out of my house I will be a puddle of sweat so here we go:
- Watching: Gilmore Girls on Netflix - This show is a gem and I can't wait for the revival! I'm rewatching this and I'm on the second season, remembering how much I hated Jess for Rory. (#teamlogan).
- Wearing: Essie's Gel Couture polish in 'Rock the Runway' - Like every other blogger lately, I've been adoring the new gel couture line of polishes by Essie. I LOVE Essie polishes as it is as I find they have an excellent range of colors but if I had one issue, it would be their staying power. They ALWAYS chip on me! I had high hopes for this polish range but unfortunately they chipped on me as well. To be fair though, I am kind of hard on my nails so it may just be me. In any case, I loved this bright scarlet red and I can't recommend it enough!
- Eating: Jaffa cakes - I used to munch on Jaffa cakes in Britain with my tea and I was able to get my fix when a coworker came back with some on his vacation to England! So yummy!
- Reading: Freedom's Child by Jax Miller - I'm still reading this! I've been so busy I didn't have time to finish but I got a good chunk of it read this weekend and I should have a review of this soon.
- Drinking: Naked 'Green Machine' smoothie - I've been really into smoothies (I know, I'm late in the game), and the 'Green Machine' smoothies by Naked are my favorite!
- Playing: Pokemon Go - Like basically everyone in the world, I have been bitten by the Pokemon bug! My starter Pokemon of choice? Charmander of course. Also, I'm Team Mystic! :]