- Powder brush: I usually sweep a bit of pressed powder on just the areas that need it to mattify my face and a good powder brush is quite necessary for this. I look for a brush that isn't too dense but can pick up just enough powder (not too much) with one sweep.
- Blush brush: Opposite to the powder brush, when it comes to my blush brush, I look for much more density because I don't use as light of a hand when it comes to sweeping blush on my cheeks.
- Flat shadow brush: I put this particular brush on here because it is the most versatile brush for eye shadow application, blending, mixing, etc. I think anybody who wears makeup should have a flat eye shadow brush that they can depend on.
- Eyelash curler: It took me a while to find a good eyelash curler that fits my eye shape and doesn't pinch when I close it but when I did it was a game changer! It takes a few tries to find that perfect lash curler but when you do, it's worth it!
- Beauty blender: I never really got into beauty blenders until this year because I used foundation brushes instead but these beauties definitely are handy. I really like this particular one from Maybelline because they have a handle on them.
- Angled brush: I have so many uses for these angled brushes! Obviously, you can use them with gel eyeliners but I also use them with dark eye shadows to line my eyes and I've even used them to dip polish remover to clean those pesky polishes that get on the skin by my nails.
What are some of your essential makeup tools?