I mentioned this in my August 2016 Bucket List but I'm traveling to the west coast on Friday (tomorrow)!
I'm notorious for always forgetting something and I'm trying to be better at packing smart. That means checklists galore! Here is my list:
- Make sure the bag that will be used on the trip is big enough hold everything for the week.
- Make sure to check the clear plastic bag for TSA's 3-1-1 rule: One quart-sized bag with liquids in containers that hold 3.4 ounces or less.
- Get the week's itinerary to know what to pack
- Make sure the laundry is done and the food in the refrigerator will be gone by the day you leave
- Set aside the clothes and items you will be taking with you on the trip unless absolutely necessary
- Order gifts for the hosts you will be staying with (this is what Amazon Prime is for :)
- Go over the flight schedules
- Make sure the necessities are packed. This includes:
- 2 pairs of shoes (for walking and dinners)
- 2-3 dresses
- A pair of jeans
- 2-3 shirts and tops
- 2 pairs of shorts
- A swimsuit
- Sunscreen and moisturizers
- Makeup for the week
- Laptop and chargers (for computer and phone)
- Curling iron and hair brush
- Cetaphil (in a bottle)
- Set aside clothes you will be wearing to the airport
- Make sure passport and ID are packed
- Do a quick re-check that everything is int he bags you are taking
- Give yourself ample time to get to the airport and through TSA
Thanks for reading! I have a post scheduled to go up tomorrow because I'll be traveling that day but I can't wait for you guys to read about my west coast adventures!