Wow, summer just really few by, didn't it? I feel like it only just started and now we're approaching October! Yikes!
- L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation: As cushion compacts become more and more popular, I decided to try a drugstore brand before investing in a high-end. I don't think I really need to, though, because this offers the perfect amount of coverage while giving my skin a gorgeous glow! I use the shade N3.5 and it's a "true match!"
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: I went through two bottles of this this summer because not only do they make my lashes look sensational (ha!), they do not melt off my face in the humid east coast weather and stay on in dry California heat! LOVE!
- Aveeno Hydrating Sunscreen: I find most sunscreens to be drying - not very good for me since I have very dry skin to begin with. I love this sunscreen as it feels like moisturizer.
- Essie "Mint Candy Apple": This is an eternal summer favorite. I've loved this polish since Essie first came out with it and I always go back to it in the summer! I'm legit terrified that someday they might discontinue it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they'll never do that.
- Deborah Lippmann "Build Me Up, Buttercup": This is my very first Deborah Lippmann polish and I gotta say, I'm hooked! The color is such a gorgeous pastel shade that was absolutely perfect for the warm summer days.
- Formula X "Incandescent": I've never bought an orange color polish before. Coral, yes, but never orange. I love how soft and pastel-y this color is and it's surprisingly flattering on my skin tone. The formula is what really sold me. Only two coats to get it opaque and it's not streaky at all!
- Forever 21 bodysuits: I thought that bodysuits were a thing of the past until I bought one - the idea of tops not riding up during the day was appealing to me. I now have three (they're breeding in my closet!) and I've managed to find a whole slew of ways to wear them!
- Sole Society Joesy: As I spend a large portion of my time surrounded by people much taller than me, I like to add a bit of height. I quite like shoes by Sole Society so I bought a pair of their Joesy sandals and they've been the best investment all summer! I fell head over heels for them (pun not intended... actually I take that back. Puns should always be intended!) I love the of the flexible straps and perfectly summery material. These have been super wearable for every day and the color goes with everything!
- Forever 21 chambray shirt: I got so many wears out of this shirt - it’s so versatile and easy! Seriously, everyone should have a trusty chambray!
- Big Sexy Hair Hairspray: Humidity turns my hair into a frizzy, flat mess. This hairspray protects my hair from getting too crazy! I really like how it smells too!
- Mini Spin Pins: I don't know how I managed to do my hair without these in the past. Seriously, these are amazing. One spin pin does the work of 20 bobby pins! I stick two of these in my short hair bun and I don't readjust during the day. At all. No joke!
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: I always like having a texturizing spray of some sort in my hair. I've been using this Bumble and Bumble sea salt spray for years and it hasn't disappointed me yet!
Movies, Books, TV
- The Little Prince: I used to adore the book The Little Prince (I even used to have a planner with the book as the theme, seen here)! I was so excited when they had announced there would be a new movie version and that it would be out on Netflix! I highly recommend you guys check it out! It's a very family friendly film that's sure to warm everyone's heart.
- Anansi Boys: I have officially entered the Neil Gaiman fandom (especially after reading American Gods). This book is a sequel to American Gods but it reads almost nothing like it! I had always heard that people who didn't care for American Gods loved Anansi Boys but I happen to be in the category of people who liked both. This book is so funny yet thrilling, and will keep you on the edge of your seat!
- Bachelorette: I have joined the Bachelor/Bachelorette train this summer! I never watched an episode of this popular reality series until this year but I got hooked because people kept commenting on how much of a character ‘Chad’ was. I can’t wait for the next season!
What were some of your favorite things this summer?