I really enjoyed doing the handwriting tag so I decided to do another tag about my reading habits!
Longtime readers know that a big part of my blog is dedicated to reading and book reviews so it only seemed appropriate to write a post on some of my habits on it.
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?I like to read in my bed right before I go to sleep. I always try to read a bit for sleeping and obviously, my bed is the best, most comfortable place for that.
- Bookmark or dog ear?Bookmark. ALWAYS. I never dog ear and I hate when I lend a book to a friend and they dog ear my book. Wars have been started for less!
- Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter?I always try to stop after a chapter but it depends on how tired I am or how interesting the book is.
- Do you eat or drink while reading?Sometimes I'll drink tea or coffee but I've definitely had my days when I was buried deep into a very good book and feel like I have to read during my meals too.
- Music or TV while reading?I actually am one of those crazy people who require silence to concentrate. I find music and TV to be distracting when trying to read. That said, I don't mind if something is on once I'm deep into a book.
- One book at a time or several at once?I really admire people who can read multiple books at once - my roommate in college used to read around 4-5 different books at a time and I just could not for the life of me figure out how she kept track of the different plotlines! I can't do that - one book at a time is all I can handle.
- Do you read ahead or skip pages?I love spoilers so I always read ahead and skip pages. When I was in school, the teachers would always have to tell me not to read ahead but I always did anyway and pretend I didn't. Some things never change :P
- Break the spine or keep it like new?I try to keep all of my books in pristine condition but sometimes spine breakage happens. It breaks my heart though...
- Do you write in your books?No. Never. (See answer above regarding dog ear bookmarks).
Thanks for reading!