Happy Daylight's Savings Day! I gotta say, I love #fallbackward a whole lot more than #springforward because of the extra hour of sleep!! Today I'm planning on volunteering at political campaigns (political life in DC ftw) and catching up with a few friends who are back in town for the election. I don't know about you but I am so nervous about this upcoming one! I hope you all are planning to vote or have voted early already. It's an important election and I hope that you choose to do your civic duty by making your voice heard.
Anyways, enough of my civics and political lecture - on to the blog post!
- Reading: Coraline by Neil Gaiman - I started reading this book for Halloween because this is probably the most horror I can handle. This book is a children's book that I first read when I was about 12 but my little heart couldn't handle the scary stuff back then. I'm still a total chicken but it was fun to go back and read a book from my childhood that was appropriate for the spooky season.
- Watching: Cubs v. Indians game - I'm not even a huge baseball fan and this game was intense! I didn't know the history of the Cubs nor did I know that this was their first victory in 108 years but I'm so happy for them.
- Wearing: Avocado Face Mask from It's Skin - I picked up a few face masks from Urban Outfitters recently and picked up a few sheet masks. I have seriously enjoyed taking a bath with this on my face! My skin has been feeling a lot more hydrated and fresh! Love me some avocado masks!
- Eating: Banana bread - On snapchat, I posted that I made banana bread for the first time! I can't believe how easy it was and how tasty it turned out, especially considering the state of the bananas I used (extremely ripe). An excellent way to not let bananas go to waste.
- Drinking: Lemon and Honey tea - I had a bout of the cold that kept dragging on this week so I turned to my mother's remedy of lemon and honey tea! I think it's an excellent and easy recipe for keeping your throat warm and warding off the cold this season!
Thanks for reading!