After a few days of grief, I emerged with a new sense of optimism and hope. Just because I'm afraid of those things doesn't mean that's necessarily what will happen in this country. I'm sure people have their reasons for voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and other candidates. I understand - this is a democracy and he is our newly elected leader. It's up to us as a country now to hold him accountable for his actions, work with him where we can and challenge him when we must. One President is not greater than the will of all the American people and as a proud American, I will fight for this country that I love.
If you read all of that and still have stuck with me this far, thank you! Now, onto the things I've been enjoying in the past week:
- Reading: Coraline by Neil Gaiman - It took me far longer than it should have to finish this book but I'm glad. It brought back childhood memories which I was grateful for this week. Neil Gaiman always makes me feel better!
- Wearing: TONYMOLY Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in 'Juicy Cherry' - How cute is the packaging for these?? I shared my purchase on Snapchat earlier this week! They're really affordable and give you a very sheer tint with a moisturizing gloss on your lips! So cute.
- Eating: Turkey tacos - Brian made turkey tacos this week which was quite nice of him! Again, this was posted on my snapchat. I think we could all use a bit of comfort food once in a while!
- Watching: South Park - I don't know if you've been watching this season of South Park but it's so hilarious and spot-on! Almost to the point where after I laugh I start crying because #tooreal
- Obsessed with: New Canon EOS Rebel T5 - I finally got a new DSLR!!! I held off on getting a DSLR until I got better with my photography but I think I'm finally ready for one! I actually got mine refurbished from the Canon website and I bought a 50mm f/1.8 lens as well so the photography on my blog is about to get pretty interesting!
Thanks for reading!