- Write it out in a journal: When I write out my thoughts (especially by hand), it forces me to organize my thinking and calms me down. Most of the time if I'm having a bad day, it's because I'm feeling overwhelmed by what I feel is coming so this method forces me to slow down and figure out what needs to be down, one thing at a time.
- Talk to someone you trust: When things get truly crazy and terrible, I will call either my mom or Jen. They are excellent listeners and always offer me the best advice ever (it took me a while for me to actually start listening to it though). I'm sure everyone has people in their life like that who would love you enough to listen to you complain and offer sage counsel. This is what they're for.
- Listen to good music: Calming music sets my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, happy music will make me feel a bit better. Listen to things you like and you'll be surprised how much of an impact it has on your mood.
- Get your nails done: I call this the 'Legally Blonde Solution' - de-stress by getting a manicure! The nail salon I like to go to usually serves champagne for free which doubles the joy! There's something about having a well-manicured hand that makes me feel like at least one part of my life is together.
- Watch your favorite movie: A movie can serve as a great distraction. I happen to love watching Breakfast at Tiffany's when I get the 'mean reds.'
What are your methods for dealing with a bad day?