If you're in the market for a few free games on your smartphone as well (games that aren't Angry Birds or Candy Crush), here's a few that I've been playing on rotation:
- Two Dots - No lie, I played this game every chance I could for three months straight! In fact, talking about it makes me want to play it again! The premise of the game is simple - they have many different colored dots and the goal is to connect two or more dots of the same color that are next to each other. They up the ante at each level but it's still a ridiculously addictive game. I wish they would let you play it more than just 5 times every 20 minutes but when you move up a level, it's so rewarding! I've made it to level 423!
- 2048 - I got my whole family addicted to this one! I could slide the numbers up and down my phone all day! They have several blocks with numbers on them. When you use your finger to swipe the numbers to one side of the board, the numbers that are the same combine together. For example, if you have two 4s, when you slide them together, they'll form one block that says "8." The goal is to get to 2048 or higher without there being too many numbers to move the board.
- Bubble Cloud - In college, I liked to play the game Bubble Spinner on my Macbook from Deadwhale.com. The iPhone version of that is Bubble Cloud! It's so addictive. The game is free but it has so many ads that play, which is its only drawback.
- Smash Hit - This is one of those games that you can play very mindlessly during your morning metro commute. A continuous movement of the screen where you tap to throw balls, obliterating obstacles in your way! See how far you can get on it!
- Heads Up - If lone gaming isn't for you, I would recommend Heads Up! It's a party game originally created by Ellen Degeneres. The screen gives you a word (depending on what category you pick the words out of), and you put the phone on your head so you can't see the screen. People around you give you clues and if you guess the word you tilt your screen down to get a new word. You can skip words by tilting up. It's a fun game to play at a bar with a bunch of friends! This is, however, a paid game but at only $0.99, it's pretty worth the (small) price tag.
What are some of your favorite smartphone games?