It's finally December and we're one month closer to the new year! November was an insane month, from the election to Thanksgiving, November seemed longer than it actually was in some respects. I'm excited about December though, I love the Holidays! Here are just a few things I want to accomplish by the end of the year:
- Go ice skating at the National Gallery of Art's Sculpture Garden: While I've always wanted to participate in this DC winter tradition, I've never gone because I don't know how to ice skate! I have a friend who recently got a job at the National Gallery of Art and highly recommended I come so I think I'm going to risk looking like a clumsy oaf on the ice and have some fun!
- Go see the Smithsonian National Zoo Lights: This is another tradition I just haven't done! I think I'm just so averse to being cold that I hate going outside in the winter (which is why I haven't gone ice skating either). Brian's very outdoorsy so I have a feeling he'll encourage me to go outside and hang out. I might as well see something everyone else in DC has seen.
- Shop at the Holiday Market: I love a good outdoor market and this market that pops up every year around the holidays is my absolute favorite in DC! I took my mom last year and she loved it as well! I've managed to find holiday gifts for people here so that's a bonus. Plus, they have the most delicious churro stand!
- See a play at the Shakespeare Theatre: I think I mentioned this before but for my birthday back in September, Brian got me season tickets to go see plays at the Shakespeare theatre! In October we saw Romeo and Juliet and this month we're seeing The Secret Garden which happens to be one of my favorite plays from when I was a kid! I am incredibly excited for this one!
- Spend Christmas with my family: I am so looking forward to going home and just relaxing with my family. If I learned anything this past Thanksgiving, it's that being with my family helps me relax and I could definitely use that after this crazy season!
- Spend NYE with Brian: Even though I have been in relationships on New Years in the past, I've actually never spent any of them with a boyfriend! Brian seems to be on a mission to change that for me this year so I'm very much looking forward to ringing in 2017 with him!
Thanks for reading!