Since my new short haircut, I had to come up with a new way to style my hair. When my hair was longer I didn't really have to worry too much about volume just because I have a LOT of hair (though it's very fine), but I think short hair can sometimes emphasize the fineness of my strands. Luckily, my hairstylist taught me a few tricks before I walked out of her salon, and I picked up a few things on my own. If you have short hair like me, I hope this post will help you:
- Garnier Damage Eraser Split-End Bandage: I used to get really bad split ends when my hair was longer so I took it upon myself to prevent it this time around. After washing my hair, I apply a bit of this into the ends of my hair and then towel dry the rest of my hair.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: This is a great way to add texture to my fine smooth hair. I notice that when I use heat products after putting this in my hair, It holds better and it creates a bit of volume for me.
- TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray: I always use a heat protecting spray before applying any hot tools to my hair. I've used TRESemme for years and it works just fine.
- Big Sexy Hair spray: I love this hair spray because it gives me so much volume and I don't feel like it's damaging my hair! It holds forever without it feeling clumpy!
My Everyday Style:
- Blow Dry: I normally us a hair dryer after my hair has already dried partially with a towel (that way I'm not using too much heat on my hair). I look so silly doing this but I usually blow dry my hair with my head upside down so as to get some volume and lift. I also use a round bristle brush to create extra lift as well.
- Curl (part 1): I section my hair in half (top and bottom) and use a 1 inch curling iron to create some bend to the bottom half of my hair. The hairs on the bottom half are short so they don't curl too much but I just like to have a bit of bend so it creates volume (Let's see how many times I say 'volume' in this post).
- Curl (part 2): I release the top section of my hair. I raise the heat of my curling iron and wrap my hair around the curling wand (instead of using my clamp). With my front bangs, I mostly curl away from my face.
- Spray 'n' go: After letting the curls cool just a bit, I run my fingers through my hair to loosen the curls a tad. I finish off with my hairspray.
Let me know some of your short hair styling hacks!