I got caught up with way too many things and didn't manage to post this up over the weekend, but these are the lipsticks I used during week two of the Lipstick Challenge! Here were the prompts and the colors I used:
- December 5: "I heard it through the grapevine" - I used MUA lipstick in 'Shade 1' for this prompt because this particular shade is a sort of wine color that reminded me of grapes. It is a great color for the holidays, for sure!
- December 6: "California Dreaming" - On this day I used Revlon Lip Butter in 'Sweet Tart.' This line of lip butters are discontinued by Revlon, I believe, but I bought quite a few shades before hand, including this bubblegum-like color! Something about the word "California" makes me think of happy, bright colors which is why I reached for this shade.
- Dececember 7: "Only Sometimes" - I thought of colors I wear "only sometimes" like the prompt said, so I grabbed this Revlon Lip Butter in 'Tutti Frutti.' This is a bright orange shade that is usually a great color in the spring but I had to get a bit creative when wearing it in December so I kept the rest of my makeup and outfit neutral. It was fun to wear this!
- December 8: "Unicorn" - I associate unicorns and other fantastical creatures with soft, pastel colors so I wore this Revlon Lip Butter in 'Cotton Candy.' It's a soft pinky-pink that I actually wear as blush sometimes!
- December 9 - "Love in the Afternoon" - In my mind, "love = red" so I used this NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Perfect Red.' It's a great true red that looks classic and beautiful!