Even though it's supposedly Spring, the past few days have felt only like the harshest of winters. We got a snowstorm and while it wasn't enough snow to close offices, it came with a biting cold that made going outside in any of my Spring clothes impossible.
I'm hoping that with writing this post, I can passive-aggressively encourage Mother Nature to just Spring already! Here are a few things that I am planning to wear the crap out of once the weather starts to cooperate:
- Classic Trench: I love a good trench! It took me a while to find my perfect my perfect one (so if you're in the market for one, don't give up!) Mine is from Zara and while I would love one from Burberry (swoon), my current one serves my quite well!
- Denim Jacket: I used to have the hardest time finding a denim jacket that was the perfect length but I found the perfect one in the unlikeliest of places: H&M! Denim jackets come in and out of style every spring and summer so if you find one that you absolutely love, I recommend you keep it around as it will likely be trendy again after a while.
- Navy Sweater: A good neutral-colored sweater is always a classic! I found this ruffled one at ASOS and it's been my winter staple! It can easily transition into early Spring if paired with brighter colors like red.
- Nude Flats: I consider a good pair of neutral flats to be an absolute necessity - especialy in a walking-heavy city like DC. I bought these foldable ones from Butterfly Twist and I reach for them almost every week!
- Nude Heels: In the winter, I like my classic black heels but when the weather is nicer I like my leg-elongating nude heels! My favorite ones are the Tiia pumps by Sole Society and they are seriously the most comfortable while also a bit edgy.
- Black Rain Boots: Spring brings a LOT of rain so my rain boots become a necessity. I bought these chelsea booties from J.Crew about a year ago and they're quite versatile - I can wear them with dresses and with jeans, and they even pair well with my work clothes!
- White Jeans: What is Spring without white jeans? My favorite pair are the J.Crew toothpick jeans. I especially like to cuff them a little bit to show off my shoes :]
- Floral Dress: 'Florals for Spring? Groudbreaking," said Miranda Priestly, but look at how little I care! Florals and Spring are pretty synonymous to me so my floral dresses move front and center in my closet.
- Draped Dress: This dress is super lightweight and comfortable, not to mention, is appropriate for a wide variety of situations! I've worn this dress with a blazer to work even! Everyone needs a dark neutral dress so ditch your LBD and go with a lighter gray this spring!
What are your Spring closet essentials?