I fell a bit behind in my blogging schedule and I meant to have this post up a lot sooner (sorry!) This is all about the makeup I wore to New York Fashion Week but honestly, this is a look that would work for a lot of different formal occasions. I made sure to pack my very favorites and I'd like the share them with you.
- NYX pore filler: I love using this as a base for my makeup! It makes my skin butter smooth and soft! It really makes a difference when I apply my foundation or BB cream.
- Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream: I actually wrote a review of this BB cream and it's becoming one of my favorites! I especially love mixing a bit of this with either my moisturizer or sunscreen. I applied this using a foundation brush on my face.
- NARS The Multiple: I have raved about this product for a long time and it's still one of my favorites! I love a cream blush/lipstick combo and the shade 'Portofino' is incredibly flattering. I swiped this on the apples of my cheeks and blended it using a brush.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo: I use the shade 'Inked in Pink' as a base for my eyeshadow. I really love the way it adds a sparkle to my eyes.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette:
- I use the shade 'Nooner' as a transition shade since it's a matte light brown with a rosy undertone. I sweep it near my outer V and on my crease.
- I deepen the shade by going in with the shade 'Darkside,' focusing mostly on the outer V.
- I pop in the shade 'Dust' right in the center of my eyelids - I really like the way the shimmer catches the light and makes my eyes look brighter.
- I go back with 'Burnout' with a liner brush and line my eyes.
- Finally I pop a highlight shade, 'Strange' on my brow bone and inner corners.
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner: I reline my eyes with a black liquid liner. The reason I line my eyes with both a eyeshadow and liquid liner is to give my eyes more dimension.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara: I love this mascara - it's waterproof, long-lasting, and does a great job separating my lashes!
- NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator: This isn't my favorite highlighter but I do love how long-lasting it is and during New York Fashion Week, I needed my makeup to last. I use my ring finger to apply this product to the high points of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and on my cupids bow.
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick: I wanted to be on-trend for New York Fashion Week so I decided on a pinky-nude matte lip for my makeup look (especially since I would go kind of heavy on my eyes). This lipstick did the trick!
Thanks for reading!