here) || Coat: Zara (similar here) || Bottoms: H&M jeans ||Accessories: Loft sunglasses, Zara bag (similar here), Kate Spade necklace (similar here) || Shoes: Zara (similar here)
I recently attended an event sponsored by Influenster and Origins for their #MyPerfectWorld event. The closest event location to me was in Clarendon so Brian and I hopped on the metro and made our way to see what would make our perfect world.
Before I go into the event coverage, I want to do a mini review of some of the products I was sent by Influenster. I was given five sample products from Origins' skincare lines for review. While I was given these products for free, all of the below reviews are my own opinions.
- Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask: I only had the opportunity to use this once but I really liked it! It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clear without drying it out. I've used a lot of clay masks before but they all tend to pull at my skin. Not this one! I want to use this a few more times before deciding whether or not to buy a full sized version but so far, it worked like a charm!
- High Potency Night-a-Mins: This product I definitely tried multiple times... and loved! This is a night cream that applies a bit heavily but really replenishes the moisture of your skin while you sleep. I liked it so much that I actually went and bought the full sized version during the event!
- Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash: I was quite surprised by how much I liked this one. Like most of the products on this list, this left a cooling sensation on my face after a wash. It has a slightly minty scent and feels fresh on the skin. Once I use my Cetaphil cleanser, I just may replace it with this.
- GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer: I am a bit on the fence about this one because while I find this product great in theory (not oily, feels great on my face), I don't find it does too much for me in my helping-with-my-eczema arena. It's moisturizing, sure, but not quite enough. That said, I think I'll use up my whole bottle and see if I change my mind.
- GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream: I really wanted to like this product but I didn't think it did much for me. It gives the illusion of brighter eyes because there's a little bit of shimmer in the product but that doesn't actually fix the problem of dark circles. Luckily, my dark circles aren't that bad but I can only imagine how frustrating this product could be if my dark circles were a real problem for me.
After I received this sample box from Influenster, I attended the event in Clarendon. It was a really cute setup and though I thought Brian wouldn't have a lot of fun, he actually did! They had a free charcoal portrait drawing station in one corner and an area for free facials in anther. What I was most intrigued by, however, was the tea leaf reading station. To be honest I'm not a big believer in fortune telling but I also wanted to experience it anyway. Plus it was free so no harm, no foul, right?
The tea leaf reader had me ask a question. I wanted to know how my big move to a new place would go. She told me the leaves were saying that it would go rather well but I should talk to my new roomie if I was still nervous about anything. Good advice! :]
It feels a bit weird to post photos of me wearing a coat when it's slated to be 80 degrees today but the day of the event was a bit chilly! I opted for a pair of very bright shoes to break up the all of the neutrals I was wearing and add a bright pop of color. I feel like these shoes really don't get enough wears.
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!