Coffee Chat Vol. 36
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
on the blog
- I got a dress that reminds me of a Taylor Swift Song
- This backpack has been my new go-to!
- I reviewed a few Sebastian Professional Hair Products!
Around the internet
- It seems like a lot of you guys really like my Bachelor in Paradise live-tweets! Check them out and then give me a follow!
- I started watching To All the Boys I've Loved Before and I am OBSESSED with the fashion! Vox has a great article on the 90s looks in the show.
- So sad to hear about Burt Reynolds' passing. I read here that apparently, he's the reason why SNL's 'Celebrity Jeopardy' sketch exists! #RIP
- Skinny jeans are my jam year-round so this post on how to dress up skinny jeans for Fall was right up my alley!
- I finally finished The Nest and I am working on a review for it. I only had five days left on this loan by the time I finished so it was just in time!
- I started listening to the audiobook version of The Hopefuls and I'm so excited about it. It's about a young couple who lives and works in DC and the synopsis kind of reminded me of me and Brian!
- I also finished A Very English Scandal (finally) and a review for it will be up soon!
- I've been wanting to read Circe because I've heard so much about it. If you have read it, please let me know what you think of it!
- Anyone else lusting after an Apple Watch? Jen has one and it's been making me want one too haha. I LOVE the idea of it but I don't need it so I can't justify paying the price for the series 3 for something unnecessary. I know the new one will be coming out later this month so let's see if that drives the price of the old ones down a bit.
- I've never been a cashmere sweater-wearing person but for some reason, it's all I can think about lately now that Autumn is supposed to be here any minute. This Everlane one has caught my eye - I love the color, the mockneck, and the cropped length!
- I bought my first Draper James dress during the Labor Day sale and it is lovely - in fact I wore it to DC Fashion Week. It's sold out now but I also love this other dress in the exact same print!
- Nordstrom - Shop the summer sale with markdowns until 9/9
- Macy's - Get 20% off on select styles with the code SHOP betwee 9/6-9/9
- H&M - Take 25% jeans between 9/10-9/11
- Kohl's - Use code FLASH20 for 20% off site wide.
- J.Crew - Use the code FALLTIME for 40% off your purchase.
this week i...
- Hung out with my best friend, Jen! Longtime readers may know Jen by her guest book reviews on this blog. She's a librarian who lives in Portland, OR (opposite side of the country from me) so seeing her is a real treat!
- I went to DC Fashion Week! I'll have a post on it next week but it was a blast! I met a lot of DC bloggers I followed too so that was so awesome.