Summer Beach Reads
Even though I've been in the work force for around ten years and haven't had a real summer break since college, I still like to think of summer as a time to read all of the books. I have literally the same amount of time to read as I do the rest of the year and yet...
I titled this post "Summer Beach Reads" but this is just a list of books for any summer vacation you guys may be taking.
- The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Whalen - I find this book to be the quintessential beach read! It has multiple family secrets, drama, and a warm sappy ending.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng - I have seriously fallen in love with this author and her books. I recently reviewed her first book, Everything I Never Told You and it was amazing as well.
- In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen - A very quick and easy read that takes place in WWII time in England. It involves spies, a love triangle, and lots of history!
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - If you've seen the really awesome HBO show that the book is based on, you will love the book. Frankly, I liked the book versions of some of the characters a lot better than the show version.
- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman - If you're into mythology, you're in for a treat! Neil Gaiman is such a fantastic writer and he brings his voice into the classic Norse myths you may or may not be familiar with!
- Promise Me, Dad by Joe Biden - If you're into non-fiction, you may be interested in this autobiography by former Vice President of the US, Joe Biden. Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, this book will make you feel so many things. Biden talks about his grieving process after the death of his adult son to brain cancer. If that doesn't already pull at your heartstrings, I don't know what will.